Saturday, April 18, 2009

:: YES ::

My heart is bursting. With new life, new hope, new joy. This past weekend I attended a women's conference at my church, called Absolute Adoration. The guest speaker was Tammy Trent, and WOW what a woman she is. But even more than that, WOW does God ever use that woman for His glory!!

God spoke this weekend, directly to my heart. He exposed my pain - I thought I had dealt with it but it was there - and He showed me what He has for my life. A life full of JOY and BLESSING and LOVE. Not of sorrow and pain. I wept, I grieved, I left my burdens at the cross. I am choosing to live in joyful expectation of all that He is and all that He has for me.

Is my pain gone? Are all my questions answered? Are all my tears shed? Not at all! Some things we just won't know or understand this side of Heaven. But is God the same yesterday and today and tomorow, does His love remain unchanged, does He continue to cherish and adore me? YES!! And He has an incredible plan for my life. Not void of pain or hardship, but still full of abundant joy and blessing and purpose. So what will I chose? Will I live up to my end of the relationship, to follow Him... or to live in the past where nothing can change?

Today I say YES to my God. Yes, I will follow You. Yes, I chose You. Yes, I chose joy. Yes, I chose to live for today and tomorrow. Yes, I chose Your promises.

"You are my God and I am Yours"

8 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Wasn't it a wonderful weekend? Thanks for sharing...I have so many of the same feelings.
Love Kristin

Morgan said...

So awesome, Laura! Thank you for sharing. You are such a woman of God!

Jody Siba said...

Laura,

I saw you up there and I knew right away why you were there. At that moment I said a little prayer for you. My prayer was that you would have true joy and that you would not live in the past but look forward to the future. God has so many amazing things in store for your life. Even though we don't always understand why somethings happen, God know and His plan is perfect. I am so happy for you and that God revealed this to you. We serve an amazing God!

Meg Baxter said...

Your post made me smile. I'm so glad this conference spoke to you. Three cheers for Jesus! ;)

Shawna said...

Every one of your words so true and something each one of us feels at one time or another.

I'm glad the words spoke true to your heart too...I know they spoke to mine!

Nadine said...

I have goosebumps reading this post. God is so GOOD!! Praise Him for all that He has shown you and that He is bringing you His joy!

What a great time we had.

that's us... said...

thanks for sharing laura- sounds like it was a wonderful conference, i'm glad to have a glimpse through you...God is SO GOOD!

Tawn said...

so lovely!