Monday, November 9, 2009

:: Has it Really Been 10 Years?! ::

This past Saturday I attended my 10-year high school reunion. It's funny... high school seems like a very distant memory to me, yet I don't feel old enough for it to be 10 years since I graduated! When I was 17 and finishing grade 12, thinking about my 10-year reunion felt like such a long time away, and that I'd be "old." Well, a lot has happened and I've changed a ton in the past decade, but I'm thankful to report that I don't feel old at all! :)

I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole thing and only decided a couple weeks ago that I'd go for sure. I enjoyed high school - being on the volleyball team, having a constant social outlet, learning and being challenged everyday (or, most days at least!) However, most of my life was lived outside of high school - my best friends were from church, I played rep softball that kept me very busy, and I worked part time from grade 11 on. Since graduating I've only kept in "real" contact (as in, not just on Facebook) with one friend - and she couldn't attend the reunion because she had her baby on Thursday!! (A big congrats to Nadia and Andre - more on that to come :) )

The evening turned out better that I expected. It was a relaxing evening with door prizes (I even won one!), appy's, punch, a cash bar and friends from the past. There weren't too many awkward conversations - just a couple - and it was fun to see everyone, how they've changed and what they're up to. About half of our class showed up, it was a good turn out!

So another milestone in my life has now passed - my 10-year high school reunion. I wonder if we'll get together for our 25th? :)

5 comments:

AE said...

I'm glad you decided to go! I bet it was fun just to kinda guess what they'd be up to 10 yrs from graduating and see what they're actually doing now (if you played that game...I like to at least :) I didn't know they had reunions in the winter though? I thought it was always in the summer?

Jason and Kristin said...

Wow - I can't believe we'll be doing Jason's 10 year reunion next year and mine the following! Its so crazy that its been that long already since highschool.
I'm glad you had a good time and that it wasn't too awkward - that's what I always worry about!

Laura said...

Erin - the original plan was to have it in May but it didn't work out, then so many people are away in the summer so we decided to put it off a bit. Worked out great!

It is funny to see everyone after that long - some people haven't changed a bit but others sure have! It's interesting to see what paths people have chosen and how different they are.

Kristin - I'm sure you'll have fun going to your reunions! I didn't bring Josh... he was working and offered to take it off but I thought it would be awkward as he wouldn't have known anyone. As nice as it would've been to have him there, I think it worked out best to go solo! The people who brought spouses said it was more awkward to have them there... and the spouses felt the same way. Just to let you know! :)

Amanda said...

I didn't go to Jordan's (and he didn't end up going to it anyways). And I missed mine. I didn't want to drive downtown by myself and walk to the venue in the dark. I had planned on going with some girlfriends that I still see every-so-often but they bailed. SOOOOOO I didn't go.
Glad you went though! And you got to show off your cute baby belly!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ekydiruhaz.jamminweb.com/xyjupon.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life