Thursday, October 23, 2008

:: It all Started with an R ::

This is a fun little meme where you have to write 10 things about yourself using a certain letter. My friend Morgan gave me the letter R. If you want to play, leave me a comment and I'll assign you a letter.

1. Relationships - I love people! The people in my life are everthing to me, and I value relationships so very much. My hope is that if you're one of these people in my life, you already knew that! :)
2. Retail! I love to shop!! Actually, truth be told, I love to buy ;) I also worked at The Body Shop in the mall for about 8 years - my first job and I really enjoyed it there. It was just what I needed, my confidence really grew and I became much more out going.
3. Reading. I am a real book worm. I love to read a good story and when I'm really into one I can't put it down! Then I get a little annoyed with myself because I finish the whole book in a day or two... but I just can't put it down! My favourite author? Karen Kingsbury, hands down. I feel like I know the characters in her books personally, and I love how she weaves the Lord and scripture through her writing so naturally. The other night I got to read with my nephews at bed time and that was such a treat, especially hearing the oldest one reading on his own! Wow!
4. Recreation. I took Therapeutic Recreation at a local college, for two years full time (graduated in 2004). Although I'm not working in the field now, I really enjoyed the program. I don't like the lifestyle that goes along with being a student (working Part Time on eveings and weekends, only eating in the car, on the go all the time, being poor) but I do enjoy learning, and am glad I went to College. Oh, and of course I love recreation on a personal level - having fun doing activites!
5. Road Trips! I love going away! For one night, 5 months, whatever it may be! Growing up my family went on some great vacations and I have wonderful memories of driving in the car for long periods of time with my parents and sisters. Singing, playing games, eating, sleeping - I love it all! I've had some great trips with friends too - to California, Trail, Kelowna... wouldn't trade those times for anything!
6. Respect. I think of respect as a foundation to all healthy relationships - family, friends, workplace, chikdren, etc. A little respect goes a very long way! I've also had experiences where I just don't respect someone I'm in contact with, and it really makes it difficult to be in a functional, positive relationship with him/her. So I try to find something in everyone that I respect. Sometimes this isn't easy! Other times it's a no-brainer :)
7. Rebel... not what you think! I played rep fastpitch softball for 10 years growing up and our team name was the Rebels! I still love softball but don't play anymore... although I'm proud to say that I can still throw harder (and more accurate!) than a lot of guys I know ;) Some of my best memories growing up include softball.
8. Romantic... as in "Hopeless Romantic!" It's true, I love love!! :) And I am so blessed to be married to a man who fulfills my romantic whims and doesn't think I'm silly :)
9. Root Beer. I don't drink pop very often (or soda for you Americans!) but if I were to choose a favourite, it would be Root Beer!
10. Rainbow - I love seeing Rainbows... for so many reasons! First of all, they remind us of God's promises. They are a miracle in themselves, so pretty! And they remind me of being a child and colouring rainbows, learning all the colours and the order they go in.

3 comments:

Christy said...

So fun.....my mom is huge Karen Kingsbury fan as well. She's always trying to get me into her novels but I'm a hardcore thriller, suspense fan!

Nadine said...

I love Karen Kingsbury too!! I get totally lost in her books. I'm sad to knew that the Baxter family series is coming to an end. I really enjoyed getting to know that "family" even if they are fictious. :)

What a fun post! It's a great way to get to know you. :) I'm happy and blessed to call you my friend. :) HUGS!

Crystal said...

A letter please, A letter please!!!