Saturday, November 8, 2008

:: New Job!! ::

I got a new job!! I'm so excited :) I started a new job about 5 months ago and right from day one I was disappointed and quickly learned that the job was quite different that I expected it to be. I tried giving it a shot... continued to be unhappy so I started looking at other opportunities. Not every job out there, but just to organizations that I would truly like to be a part of. One of those places is Focus on the Family, Canada. Their office is about 5 minutes from our place, and it's a Christ-centred organization that is all around the Family, as God meant it to be. Talk about work to be passionate about! I sent in my cover letter and resume... and got a call!! It was a slow process... but 3 interviews and a writing test later I was offered the position!!! It was such perfect timing, as I got laid off from my other job just 2 days prior to receiving the offer. God had a plan all along and He is so faithful! I start on the 24th and can't wait :) I know there will be a lot of great people to meet and get to know, and a lot of purposeful work to get involved with.
Until then I plan to get my Christmas shopping done, do some work around our place, and go to Calgary with Cranberry Creek!!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Congratulations, Laura! I'm sure you're perfect from the job. Eric and I visited Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs a few years back and it seemed like such a neat place. I'm sure you'll love working there. What will you be doing?

Amanda said...

Congrats Bean! I didn't know that you were layed off!!! Argh! I guess that is what happens when I am on holidays....Can I go down there and give him a piece of my mind? haha! I am SO happy that God provided you with a great new job and all in His timing!
Love you!

Christy said...

Congrats.....God is so faithful!

that's us... said...

what another example of God's amazing timing and provision! so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures of settling into a new great job- until then enjoy some shopping fun and relaxation!

Meg Baxter said...

Hope you like it here! ;) I'm glad to have you.