Thursday, September 10, 2009

:: Approved! ::

Josh and I have been approved for our new mortgage!! What an answer to prayer this is!

That leads me to answering another question... yes, we've sold our condo! My Dad has become a realtor recently so we hired him for his first listing! He did an extraordinary job - we had 8 showings in 10 days, and were listed $20,000 higher than with our previous realtor with whom we didn't have any showings! Well, that 8th showing proved to be the winner and we settled on a deal in one day. The thing the new owners were most stuck on was the dates... so we have to be out by Oct. 9 at noon! Yup, less than one month from now.

We found a place that we fell in love with, and really felt that it met our needs right now and for the next few years to come. I can't wait to start our little family there! It's a coach home across from a future pond and park, and we will have a two bedroom basement suite, plus a one bedroom coach suite above the detached garage to rent out! The extra income will make this move affordable to us and (hopefully!) allow for a smooth transition when I go on mat leave in a few months (which, I might add, I am SO EXCITED about!!) This particular home was slightly higher in price than we hoped, but the reasons why were reason enough for us to try for it.

And as of yesterday, we're officially approved! God is faithful and knows the desires of our hearts.

So, will the house be ready for us by October 9th? Absolutely not!! :) The house is being build right now, and it's great fun getting to chose accent colours and such, and I look forward to seeing it all come together. But this also means that Josh and I are moving in with my parents for awhile! Could be interesting times ahead :) We are very grateful to them and for all the help they've given to us to make this move happen.

Please pray for us as we pack up our place and chose what to bring with us to my parents and what to put into storage. At times it seems a little overwhelming, all the changes to come in the next few months, so please pray for God's peace as my most important role right now is to stay healthy as this little one grows inside me! Please also pray that we find the perfect tenants for our rental suites. And, on that note, I would LOVE any referrals! If you know of someone wanting to rent, please let me know and I can get you more details. Thanks!

I look forward to this exciting journey with my incredible husband and baby on the way. Life is an adventure, that's for sure!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Such exciting times for you, Laura! So happy for you and Josh...it's scary and exciting all at the same time, but God is faithful and loves to bless His children. Enjoy your crazy, fun life!

that's us... said...

yay! will keep an ear out for anyone looking for a rental. have fun choosing all the colors- you're so great at that laura!

Jason and Kristin said...

Sounds so amazing! I'm so glad you found a place and I'll pray it all comes together!