Thursday, September 10, 2009

:: Heartbeat ::

I heard the most incredible sound on Tuesday - the sound of our tiny baby's heartbeat. I've heard that it's one of the best parts of pregnancy, and I'm not left disappointed! So incredible to hear that tiny sound coming from within my own body. I marvel at God's plan to create life and His faithfulness. I think on that, tears swell in my eyes, I am in such awe and am incredibly thankful. Oh, how I love this little one!!

Josh was with me at the doctor's and I loved seeing his face as he listened to his baby for the first time. The look was so tender and filled with amazement. I know his love runs deep for me and this life within me, and I trust him with us both, completely. I simply cannot wait to watch him journey in his role as a Daddy, I know it's such a desire of his and I have no doubt he will be incredible.

My doctor shared that once you pass 12 weeks and hear the heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage are tiny. I know there are no guarantees, but that was sure music to this mama-to-be's ears! Our peace about this pregnancy has been so present, and I am thankful for that. Oh, and my due date is now set for March 18th! It's changed 3 times now, so I just think that it'll hopefully happen that week sometime :)

Thank you Jesus!! You are so good.

8 comments:

Melody Bell said...

What a wonderful moment, to hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time!

Crystal said...

Your not a mama to be...you are a mommy;)

Christy said...

I always considered it to me more of a "due month" because you can deliver two weeks early and go two weeks overdue.....it feels like ages ago that we were hearing Denay's heart thumping away for the first time and it's so fun to "watch" you experience all these amazing milestones!

Lisa B. said...

Such great milestones to experience together...you never forget it!

March will be here before you know it and then you'll be holding that sweet babe in your arms.

that's us... said...

what a beautiful sound---so glad you and josh could hear your baby's heart beat together!!!

Treena said...

So exciting Laura! You must be beaming all the time. :) This baby is going to be so blessed to you have as 'Mom'.

Omi Kim said...

Laura ...we are thrilled for you and Josh and know you will be amazing parents. I can only imagine how excited your parents are and how much fun it will be to have another little one running around. Blessings and love to you

Meg Baxter said...

I am ecstatic for you, Laura. It wasn't long ago (just a month!) that Wayne heard Heidi's heartbeat in person for the first time, and the look on his face was identical: wonder, awe, amazement...and pride. It is a magical moment.