Thursday, September 24, 2009

:: Denial ::

So, I'm in denial. Right now it's mostly about moving! I'm a little sad about leaving Josh and my first "home" and also about all the work it'll take to do so! Our new house won't be ready in time, so we're moving in with my parents for awhile. We are very grateful for them opening their home to us, and their generosity. And there's also the unknowns and adjustments that will have to happen. But it also means more work, as we sort through what we'll absolutely NEED there and what can go into storage. But it'll happen soon... because it has to! We need to be out of our condo by October 9th at noon. Which is a Friday, so I'll have to have my part done by Thursday evening, and the place cleaned. But there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel... we'll have our first house soon, and it's brand new!! I can't WAIT to live there :) And after living with my parents, we'll only appreciate it that much more ;)

If we were only moving, that wouldn't be so bad. But I am also a bridesmaid in a wedding coming up on October 17th! So there are dress fittings, showers, hair trials, the stagette, rehearsal, etc. And I could write a whole post about my dress but I'll just say that it's already too tight and there's still 3 1/2 weeks 'til the wedding! At this stage of pregnancy (15-18 weeks) that's a little nerve wracking. I'm praying the seamstress can work a miracle and that on the wedding day, the dress fits. But it weighs on my mind.

And have I mentioned that I'm trying to grow a little human here? ;) So my energy level isn't fantastic and I'm finding that things are quite as easy to deal with as they usually are. Hormones... who knew.

So yup, denial it is. And I just live by my Day Planner, doing life day by day. Making sure I don't miss doctor's appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, hair appointments, house stuff, wedding stuff, family events, Thanksgiving... you know, the usual! :)

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Having the day by day mentality is a good one to have, as it will help you get through the begining stages of baby being here too! Day by day:) praying it all works out!!

Unknown said...

Day by day is the only way it works! I can fully understand what you are going through - the energy level thing sucks! But I know you'll get through it - and just think, by the time you get into your new place, you'll be that much closer to baby!!

Amanda said...

It is totally understandable that you have all these feelings! ESPECIALLY the hormone imbalance! I broke down a lot while pregnant! You're allowed! I am praying that everything goes smoothly for you over these next months! And like Crys said, you'll be continuing to live day-by-day once baby comes! I still do! I HAVE to have the day planner open or I will still miss things!

AE said...

hey Laura,
Thanks for always giving comments! Sometimes I wonder if anyone's reading our blog besides me ;)
We need to have you over once our stuff is moved in, the house is aired out (smells like paint right now...yuck! So many fumes!). I'll let you know when. It will be soon! Wait, when are you guys moving into your place? Sorry...I don't remember what the details were on your post.

that's us... said...

i'm glad i read this today-didn't realize the first move was already-praying for you right now laura!!! i hope you can have moments of rest in this busy season of yours, to reflect on all the excitement around you...new home, wedding, and of course your wonderful growning baby!!!