Thursday, April 28, 2011

:: Back At It! ::

Hello blog world!

I don't know if anyone will read this, since I haven't blogged in such a long time. But I have some time and some thoughts, so why not write them here? :)

One of the reasons I haven't blogged in so long is that I feel like I need to "catch up" from ALL the time I took off. But that's a daunting task since so much time has passed! So instead, I will do a quick catch-up and then get on with what's happening in life now.

Since I last wrote...
- Kenzie turned 1 year old!! I can't believe it... and I will write an "All-About-Kenzie" post another time :)
- We've lived in our house for 14 months and just secured our third set of tenants in our basement suite. {Please Lord, let them stay long-term!} Our coach-home tenant has been with us since the beginning and he rocks!
- Since last March, my family has welcomed 4 new babies and has 2 more babies on the way! And yes, this is between just 5 girls - me, my 2 sisters and 2 of my 4 SILs :) We like babies.
- I have returned to work, part time. Doing 20 hours per week - 16 in office (2 days) and 4 hours from home.

I'm sure there's a TON of other things that have taken place, but for now, my thoughts are still on Easter.

I don't want to get too deep or write too long, but my heart was impacted this Easter in a whole new way. I have been a Christian my whole life - grew up in a Christian home, always attended church, worked for Christian organizations and have done mission work. All that to say - the concept of Easter and Christ dying for our sins is not new. I daresay it's even taken for granted all too often.

Then I became a Mom and my world changed. I was a Mom last Easter but it was pretty new and I wasn't thinking much beyond recovering from labour/delivery, breastfeeding, and getting some sleep! Besides, I was in newborn, lovesick, bliss mode :) Okay, back on track...

So this year, the sacrifice Christ made for us hit me in a whole new way. Not only did His death and resurrection provide me with salvation and the assurance of eternity with Him, but this is available for KENZIE too! My most precious daughter. And from a Mama's heart... this impacted every fiber of my being. I pray that Kenzie will always know the love God has for her and that He would've died upon the cross even to save only her. And that brings my thankfulness to a whole other level, knowing my precious daughter can have salvation because of the love and sacrifice of our Father! Tears of gratefulness spring to my eyes as I think on this. Thank you, Lord.

On this same vein of thought, I also know now what it's like to love a child of my own. And I cannot imagine giving her up to torture and death so that others may live. Sorry, but I just couldn't do it. But God did that for US - for you, and me, and the ones you love. Wow. There are no words to express how full of thanksgiving I am.

So those are my thoughts this Easter - a heart full of thanksgiving for new perspective, deepened understanding and great love.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yeh! Welcome back:)

that's us... said...

that's beautiful laura- God teaches us so much about Him through parenting!

Joanne said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts....so true! And welcome back....you were missed!

The Samy's said...

So happy your blogging again!!!