Thursday, June 2, 2011

:: June? ::

I can't believe it's JUNE!! First of all, because this year has flown by so far, and second of all... people are wearing jeans, boots and sweaters!! What's going on? If you live where I do, I'm sure you're just as ready for summer and sunshine to arrive as I am!

Yesterday marked the end of my third month being back at work. The time has gone by so quickly! To be honest, I never thought I'd work once I became a Mom - and I didn't want to. Circumstances as they were (mostly Josh being laid off during the last month of my mat leave) caused the need for me to return to work. Thankfully, I work at the BEST place ever, with great people I consider friends. And, my boss agreed to the hours and schedule I wanted, that would work best for my family. I must admit, being back at work is FAR better than I ever imagined! Josh and I are super blessed by our moms, and when Josh isn't home with Kenzie either my mom or his is with her! The Grandmas love their special time with their only grand-daughter :) Also, those Daddy-daughter days (without Mommy!) are so precious to both Josh and Kenzie. I'm enjoying the adult interaction and using my brain in a different way than I do at home. Not to mention, the paycheque is definitely appreciated!

I was brought back on a six month contract, as they've never had anyone in my position do it part time before. Three months in, I can't help but be a little nervous about my contract not being extended. Please pray with me that it will be! Ideally, I will work in my current position until we have another baby - then another year of mat leave - woohoo! :)

As for some exciting news... my sister, Krista, has been given a date for her c-section surgery! Little Rachel Kristina will be arriving on July 5 :) I can't WAIT for her to get here, to smell her sweet newborn scent and to enjoy all her perfectness!

My sister-in-law Hannah is also due in July, with her first baby. I'm dying to know if it's a little niece or nephew for us to enjoy!! I'm thrilled for Hannah, as she'll get to experience the gift of motherhood, her lifelong dream :)

Aren't babies the most wonderful, tangible way to experience a miracle? God is so good!

Anyways, those are my ramblings for today! So much is happening as we enter this busy summer season. I hope you are all enjoying special times with those you love, and treating yourself to something meaningful - you deserve it!

No comments: