Thursday, August 25, 2011

:: Summer ::

I think it's funny that I can have an entire post titled "Summer" :) Shows how often I blog!

I've been meaning to write more often, but keep getting intimated by how much I have to catch up on! So more time passes and the issue compounds. Ah well. I'll just start up from today! :)

Biggest news... which I'm sure you all know by now... is that I'm pregnant! I'm just over 16 weeks, Baby is due on February 7th! Josh and I are thrilled, and Kenzie is really into babies these days, so I know she'll love being a big sister. She will be 22 1/2 months old when Baby arrives - where does time go?

So far I'm feeling well, this pregnancy has been very similar to how it was with Kenzie. We had an early ultrasound at 9 weeks and then we finally heard the heartbeat yesterday! All is well with Baby, and I'm enjoying the second trimester, as it's definitely the best one! February seems like a long time away, but I know it will be here before we know it!

Otherwise... this has been a pretty low-key summer for us! Josh changed jobs a few weeks ago, so we've been adjusting to a new schedule and all the other changes that go along with a new job. I'm working two days a week, plus some hours from home each week. It's going so well and I am very blessed to work where I do!

We've gone camping once so far - to Oliver, BC - in June, and are heading out for a couple nights this weekend, down to the States. Then over the September long weekend we head to Penticton for a wedding! It's nice to have these little get-aways to look forward to.

Oh, more baby news!! I am an Auntie twice more, since July!! My sister Krista and BIL Jeff had little Rachel Kristina on July 5th and my BIL Nathan and SIL Hannah had Isaiah Edward Arthur on July 18th! Loving these little ones :)

I hope you and yours are having a most wonderful summer and getting the chance to do the things you love!

2 comments:

Chad & Trisha Bennett said...

Congrats Laura! I'm so excited for you guys!!! It just gets better with 2!

AE said...

I didn't know about baby 2 until you just announced it. Congrats! That is very exciting news. Your extended families have grown exponentially in the past 6-7 years, hey? How many grandchildren is that for your parents now? Are you going to find out the gender or wait again? Glad to hear all's been good so far. --Erin