Friday, August 1, 2008

6 Months!

On July 26 Josh and I celebrated 6 months of being married!! Lately I've been reading, thinking and talking about "celebrations" and how they bring so much meaning to life. I am blessed with so many wonderful people and occassions and I feel it's so important to take note of these things. Life has enough hardships in it - why not take a moment or a weekend and celebrate the good stuff?

Josh and I have hadn't had a chance to go away since our honeymoon because of work schedules. So we were so excited when we found out we could get away for a few days and that it worked out to be over our 6 month "anniversary!!" We were going to go to Kelowna but everything was booked solid. So we found this great resort in Summerland, just 30 minutes away from Kelowna and right on Okanagon Lake (Summerland Waterfront Resort). It was so beautiful there and we were happy being in Summerland - more peaceful and relaxing. We even got upgraded for no extra cost and had a loft room which was fantastic!! We had such an awesome weekend together, so nice to just relax and be in love!! :)
My camera was acting funny and some of our pics turned out fuzzy :( But here are a few!

On our way!!


Taking a picture by the road... Josh timed it for when a semi drove by!


On the walkway/bridge that ran along the lake on our resort


Josh gave me an iPod - a TURQUOISE one!!

And an armband so I can listen to music at the gym :)

On our way out... we were sad to leave!! We had a great vacation :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

My girlfriend lived in Summerland and I love it there.....good for you guys for getting away!

Amanda said...

It looks liek you guys had a great time. Happy 6 months of marriedhood!