Tuesday, January 13, 2009

:: Full Heart ::

There seems to be so much going on, not only in my life, but in the lives of others around me. Some great, wonderful things which I praise God for and am so thankful. But there are other things, which are painful to endure and the road to healing seems so long, and too rough. My heart is so full lately, I just feel that I could be constantly praying. Which is exactly what God calls us to do in His word!


There are times when my thoughts are clear, my praise easy and my requests communicated well. And then there are times when all I can do is whisper the name of Jesus.


One of the many things I love about my heavenly Father is that He desires for us to share exactly what’s on our hearts with Him. Nothing held back! How wonderful and freeing that is. I would encourage you to try it – whether you have a deep, personal relationship with God, or have never called on His name before. He is there, He is listening and He loves you more than you could ever imagine. And He wants to hear it all – your praise, thanksgiving, requests, hurt, anger, pain, desires, love, adoration – everything.


A well known scripture but one that never ceases to touch my heart...

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4-7

4 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Thanks Laura...for all of your words this week.

The Samy's said...

Thanks Laura for this post. It was much needed.

Nadine said...

You have blessed my heart with this post! I really appreciate your boldness. Thank you, Laura.

Christy said...

Thanks Laura.