Monday, January 26, 2009

:: One Year of Wedded Bliss ::

One year ago today was the most remarkable day of my life. It was the day that I joined my life forever with my true love, Josh. In some ways it seems like the year flew by, in other ways it seems like so long ago that we didn’t live together and call each other husband and wife. “They” say that the first year is the hardest... if that’s true than we’re stoked!! Because although this past year has had it’s fair share of trials, changes and heartaches, Josh and I are closer than ever, we love each other deeper, and we share a bond that is stronger than I ever dreamed for. Josh is my answer to prayer and the tangible evidence of God’s faithfulness to me – that even when I thought that I was believing for impossible things, God had a plan and that plan was Josh. I am so blessed and thankful that I know how blessed I am. And I know Josh feels blessed too, because my wonderful man tells me this all the time, always confirming what I mean to him.

I thought that I’d take a “blog post idea” that I've seen and adapt it in honour of my anniversary. So here it is, my

TOP TEN FAVOURITE THINGS ABOUT MY HUSBAND

1. His love for God – I’ve learned a lot about how Josh loves God in the past year. He’s quiet about it, reflective, and passionate. I love this about him... I know I can depend on him to pray, to listen and to lead in ways that are led by his Saviour.

2. His voice – Yup, I’m a sucker for a deep, sexy voice and that is what Josh has! I spoke with Josh on the phone before I ever met him, and I was already taken, hook, line and sinker... all because of that voice!

3. His patience – This one is funny because you ask some people and they say Josh is the most patient person they’ve ever met... you ask others and they say he has zero patience! But I’ve seen such an abundance of patience in this man, it never ceases to amaze me. I am so thankful for this quality, as I require a lot of patience sometimes! When love is described in 1 Corinthians 13 the first descriptor is “patience” and I know why!

4. His passion for music – This one may come as a surprise to some, coming from my lips. Josh is very passionate about music, he is a talented guitarist and drummer, and now he’s started to record as well. Although this subject is one Josh and I differ greatly on most of the time, I do admire him, his talent and how passionate he is about music.

5. His family – Josh has a wonderful family and I am blessed so much with fantastic in-laws. Actually, one of the reasons I was first interested in Josh was because of the way he spoke of his family – I could tell they were close and I loved how he knew so many details about them. Family is one of the top values for both Josh and I, and this helps us make decisions, gives us a strong foundation and will pave the path nicely when we start a family of our own.

6. His loyalty – Anyone who is a friend or family member to Josh knows that once you’re in his life, you are there for good. He has a remarkable sense of loyalty and acts this out on a regular basis. I know many are blessed by this trait and I am especially thankful for this as his wife! I know I am his #1 priority (after God) and he shows this to me constantly, through his actions and words.

7. Hard working – Josh has had a tough time finding a job/career that he loves and is happy with the company he’s employed for. For the past few months he’s been in a new job and is feeling very settled and content, it’s so awesome! But through the different jobs and learning experiences Josh has done what it takes and continues to do so. Whether it’s getting up crazy early, working really late, working on weekend, missing events... he stays committed and supports his family.

8. His words – Josh knows how to cheer me up, support me, challenge me when I need it, and love me in a way that leaves no doubt in my mind. The words he speaks go straight to my heart and mind, and I don’t know what I’d do without them! The power of words is something I’m learning more and more about, and Josh does this so well.

9. Servant-hearted – Josh is SUPER awesome with household chores! I am so thankful for this, as it’s an area I could use a little “development” with ;) He does his own laundry, takes out all the garbage and recycling, empties the dishwasher, vacuums, mops, cleans the bathroom... he’s the BEST! We both do most of the mentioned things above (I’m not totally useless!), but I’m so grateful that he does them at all, and I know I am blessed in this! The other day he was in the mood to organize and he sorted through our entire spare bedroom, a chore than has been on the backburner since well, we got married. I was so amazed by him!

10. Easy-Going! – Josh and I both like to attribute our being middle children to the fact that we get along so well and are very go-with-the-flow :) But I just LOVE this characteristic about my hubby, makes living together and doing life together so much fun... and most of the time, so easy.

So there ya go! Now you know a little more about my wonderful husband and just a few of the reasons I love him so much :)

Happy First Anniversary to Us!

8 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Congratulations Laura! Your husband sounds like a wonderful guy! I look forward to meeting him one day. I hope you had a great day celebrating your anniversary, however that looked! May this next year be FULL of blessings for you two!

Nadine said...

Great post Laura!! Your top 10 list really shows how much you appreciate and respect Josh. It's a great way to reflect on the past year as well. It will be a nice treat to reflect on this post later on or on a not so sunny day. :)
Happy one year!!!! It gets better and better as time goes on. Bless you guys. :)

Crystal said...

Good post, I hope you show it JOsh one day:) And I agree, something great to look back on a year from now and reflect how this list molds and grows~ Hope you guys have such a fantastic time tonight!

Christy said...

Such a sweet post.....love your "favourite things" adaptation!

Treena said...

What a wonderful post! Congratulations on 1 yr. of marriage Laura! :)

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary Laura & Josh! Love you guys!

The Samy's said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

AE said...

aww...that is such a good post. On the flip side, he must be so proud of a wife like you!
Congrats to you guys and may there be many more years for you both to celebrate and uplift each other.